Mr. Anthony N Wilkinson
Consultant Podiatric Surgeon
Professional Podiatric Qualifications
- 1990 - Diploma in Podiatric Medicine. (D.Pod.M)
- 1994 - Part 1 Primary Fellowship of the Podiatry Association (M.Pod.A)
- 1995 - Advanced cardiac life support provider.
- 1997 - Part 2 Fellowship of the Podiatry Association. F.Pod.A, FCPodS
- 1999 - Advanced cardiac life support Instructor
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- 2000 – 2004 - Consultant Podiatric Surgeon Cantley, Doncaster
- 1997 – 2000 - Associate Specialist South Derbyshire NHS
- 1995 – 1997 - Podiatric Senior House Officer Dept. of Surgery,
- 1990 – 1997 - Private Practitioner North Lakeland
- 1992 – 1994 - Rented N.H.S. facilities to provide treatment.
- 1994 – 1995 - Private sports injury clinic at Caldew private hospital.
- 1995 – 1997 - Private sports injury clinic at Low Wood Leisure centre,
- 1996 – 1997 - Private sports injury clinic at Kendal Physiotherapy
- 1997 - Founded multidiscipline Sports Injury Clinic, incorporating
Orthopaedics, Sports Physician, and Physiotherapy at Caldew Hospital
- 1997 – 1999 - Private surgery service, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria.
- 1998 – 2000 - Private surgery service, Cantley clinic, Doncaster.
- 2000-present - Full admitting rights Capio, Park Hill Hospital
- 1999-present - Private and NHS surgery service to G.P’s in West
- 2003 – 2004 - Birkdale clinic, Rotherham
- 1993 – 1997 - Completion of The Podiatry Association Surgical
- 1997 - Magnetic Resonance Imaging course.
- 1998 - Flat foot surgery course, London.
- 1998 - ALS Instructors course, Salford Quays ACLS group.
- 2000 - Prescription only medicines certificate
- 2001 - IRMA regulations, Harrogate
- 2002 - Completion of higher training certificate
- 2003 - Flat foot controversies and perspectives, Colorado USA
- 2003 - European Foot and Ankle Instructional Course, Bristol
- 2003 - Community Responder scheme, EMAS NHS Trust
Research Papers and Publications
- “Long term effects of electrosurgery in the treatment of corns”.
Presented, Podiatry association conference 1996 Published British journal
of Podiatric medicine and Surgery (BJPMS) 1999.
- “The rotation Scarf and Akin osteotomy, technique and preliminary
results” Presented, Podiatry association conference 1997.
- “Plantar fasciotomy in the treatment of heel pain” Society of
Chiropodists and Podiatrists conference 1998. Published, British journal
- Advanced life support for Podiatrists, published BJPMS vol. 8 No.1 pp9
- Soft tissue chondroma: a case report, published BJPMS vol. 9 No.1
- Non-healing osteotomy, Case report. Presented, Fellows weekend 1998.
- Advanced life support for Podiatrists part 2: The Instructors course
and beyond. Published Podiatry now 1999.
- A comparison of Bupivacaine plain with Bupivacaine /Adrenaline
1:200,000 in post operative pain control. Presented, Society of
Chiropodists and Podiatrists conference 1999.
- “To cannulate or not to cannulate, that is the question?” Presented,
Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists conference 2000.
On going Audit/ Research
- Audit of second toe arthrodesis, Awaiting final follow up
- Schwartz osteotomy, Audit of cases. Results being complied
Advanced cardiac Life Support teaching experience
- December 1998, Northampton General Hospital ( Instructor Candidate).
- April 1999, Northern General Hospital ( Instructor Candidate).
- November 1999, Royal London Hospital ( Instructor Candidate).
- November 1999, Northern General Hospital ( Full Instructor)